Stop that Sound!
Just went over to my old home yesterday, and I saw the sound panels that I ordered, delivered to my room... whoa... big are these boxes man!!

Compare it's size to the guitar!
These are Ecophon Sound Absorbers, which, as the name implies, they absorb sound. Why do I need these in my Haven Theatre? it's to absorb reflections in the room, so that the music that pumps out of the speakers will reach the ears, and music that hits the walls and ceilings will not get reflected into the ears, resulting in a clean, echo-less environment. What does this all mean? Clean and sharp sound!!
These panels are doing to my front ceiling, and my front wall, as well as the side walls. All to absorb first reflections.. =)
As a side note, for the more audio-inclined... ever wondered why our COR sanctuary has a rather "dead" sound (for some it's good, others it's bad)? Check out the side walls of the sanctuary when you next go to church... what do you find? Pink coloured absorbers!! And a large expanse of it as well! Though those pink plaster walls are not specially designed absorbers, like the Ecophons, they do the job well enough.. These Ecophons are designed to give 1.0 absorbtion coefficient above 500Hz, meaning that you won't hear sound reflected back to you if you were to preach to these panels! haha..
Tried putting my ear against the panels... guess what I heard? Nothing! ;P
Down side? They chip off pretty easily, cos it's compressed fibreglass.... but I've got no complaints!! =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home