Friday, October 14, 2005

Breathe In... That's it.... now, BLOW!!!!

Breath IN… Breathe OUT…

That’s essentially what I’ve been doing on Wednesday, while shopping for fabrics for the new Haven Theatre. =) Not that there’s a necessity to breathe heavier in the process of shopping, but that’s what I’ve been reading online about choosing the right fabric to cover up my ecophon panels…

An online tip on choosing Acoustically Transparent Fabrics:
* To test for the suitability of a fabric for acoustic applications, simply take a piece of fabric and put your mouth to it, and BLOW… if the fabric allows you to blow air through it with relative ease, then it’s suitable.


Bleah… that’s what I’ve been sacrificing my lips for…. Putting my mouth to dirty curtain shop samples, and BLOWING… haha…

It’s amazing that when you ask for fabric used for upholstery and similar, the prices of such fabrics start from $20 onwards!!?!

Went to a designer fabric shop in AMK, started "blowing",
then on to textile centre (no shops to "blow"),
then on to Jalan Besar (no shops too),
then on to Joo Chiat (blow like crazy),
and finally ended at Tanjong Katong Complex, where I finally found the fabric I wanted… =)

I was starting to worry about the hygiene level of my lips... =(



Lady quoted me $18 per meter, which was the cheapest by far (others quoted me $20-$28!), and I managed to get it down to $15 after so much bargaining… 12meters of it will cover 14 ecophon panels… arrghh.. $160 of damage… who would have thought that fabrics costs so much? ='(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home