Some people will say that I'm still young... BUT...
Some people will say that I'm still young... still have time to do many things for God... but I'm getting impatient!! =P
Last night's Life Concert was by far the most Visionary event that I've ever seen coming from someone that is within my circle of friends.. The Life Concert Team has yet again upped the bar with this year's Life Concert '06... 1100 students, with at least 30% being non-Christians in the Spanking-new SAJC cultural Centre... in a nutshell... WWWOOOOOWW!!!
I'm getting all excited just talking about it now!... I'll be very honest... 2005's life concert selection of songs was the most anointed in all the 5 years of it's vision-run... but last night? Whooaa... last night's vision-come-to-reality STRUCK ME SOOO HARD, THAT I JUST CAN'T HELP BUT CRY INSIDE ME... yes, the tear-tear kind, not the reaching-out kind...
You should have seen the crowd last night.... the people who came, all signified a bursting of such opportunity to reach out to a generation that is mostly moved by what they see and hear, and what they see their friends are enjoying... yes, it's true... young people are attracted to what they see their friends are doing to "entertain" themselves, and 80% of the time, they will go and join their friends in seeing what's the hoo-haa about the activity, 60% of them will end up liking what they see (believe me, peer pressure inlfuences our preferences) and 20% of them will end up owning the activity as their own, and they engage in it... and boy, did the crowd ENJOY themselves last night!
Last night God refreshed my soul, and reminded me again afresh of why I am here on earth... that is to make a difference... and God reminded me also that my call in life for Him is to lift up Praise to His name in the entire 40yrs left of my lifespan.. I live for these moments... last night was such a moment!
A few new things also struck me about praise and worship on earth.. I'll leave it to personal sharing with people...
Honestly, I'm so proud of Shirley Bong, because in truth, life concert was the inspiration for worship conference, and if not for her, there wouldn't be such a vision... and you know what? Life concert HAS become bigger than worship conference in some ways, and seldom would I say this, but it's true: Shirley has set the example in this arena for the church to follow... People, it's time to take the good news in the form of Praise and Worship to the world!!!


A Symphony of Colours and An Intensity in Worship - Life Concert 2006

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home